Administrative Assistant - Administrative Job in Port Saint Lucie, FL
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Are you interested in organizing an office, handling important information, and making a business run? Do you have good interpersonal skills and like interacting with co-workers, clients, and superiors? If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, then a job as an Administrative Assistant could be the right fit for you.
Job duties include, but are not limited to: - Answering phones, screening calls, directing calls to appropriate party where applicable, taking messages, and providing assistance to company clients - Reading and responding to email using Outlook - Greeting incoming clients and providing assistance - Filing, faxing, scanning, copying, printing, processing, and organizing documents as needed. - Data entry of client, business, and vendor information into spreadsheets/database. - Scheduling appointments for clients. - Keeping office area clean and tidy.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities may include the following:
- Effective communication skills in person and over the phone
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Organizing and scheduling appointments
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes
- Writing and distributing email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Assisting in preparing regular reports
- Developing and maintaining a filing system
- Updating and maintain office policies and procedures
- Ordering office supplies and researching suppliers
- Maintaining contact lists
- Booking travel arrangements
- Submitting and reconciling expense reports
- Providing general support to visitors
- Acting as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaising with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests/queries from senior managers
You will need to have the following:
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary would be a plus.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you on the move throughout the day.
- Customer service skills — handling multiple tasks and dealing with multiple customers.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of landing a job, getting promoted, and possibly earning higher pay.
At least 1 year. Experience in Quickbooks a plus.