Administrative Assistant - Vero Beach, FL
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-71-1385
Are you interested in organizing an office, handling important information, and making a business run? Do you have good interpersonal skills and like interacting with co-workers, clients, and superiors? If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, then a job as an Administrative Assistant could be the right fit for you.
We’re searching for a professional Administrative Assistant to carry out a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties include providing support to managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing the company’s administrative activities.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities may include the following:
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Organizing and scheduling appointments
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes
- Writing and distributing email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Assisting in preparing regular reports
- Developing and maintaining a filing system
- Updating and maintain office policies and procedures
- Ordering office supplies and researching suppliers
- Maintaining contact lists
- Booking travel arrangements
- Submitting and reconciling expense reports
- Providing general support to visitors
- Acting as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaising with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests/queries from senior managers
You will need to have the following:
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary would be a plus.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you on the move throughout the day.
- Customer service skills — handling multiple tasks and dealing with multiple customers.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of landing a job, getting promoted, and possibly earning higher pay.