Billing Assistant - Accounting / Finance - Port Saint Lucie
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL
Industry: Accounting / Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Ref Code: 75-5-886
Are you interested in helping businesses organize and record financial transactions? Are you good with managing budgets and tracking important data like revenues, costs, and expenses? If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then a job as a Billing Assistant could be the right fit for you. This position is located in Stuart, FL for a busy medical office.
We’re looking for a Billing Assistant to assist senior billing manager with financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. You would help with chronic care management, print claim forms and EOB’s, call insurance companies, annual wellness visits, review encounters without claims, and assist with billing calls.
Billing Specialist responsibilities may include:
- Recording and posting daily financial transactions.
- Verifying that transactions are recorded in the correct ledgers
- Bringing books to the trial balance stage.
- Performing checks of the posting process.
- Completing various tax forms.
- Entering data, maintaining records, reports, and financial statements.
- Processing accounts receivable/payable and handling payroll in a timely manner.
You will need to have the following experience:
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Proficiency in English and MS Office.
- Customer service and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Technical Knowledge — learning various software programs and accounting/bookkeeping methods and learning the full scope of business operations.
- Customer service skills — dealing with customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.