Bookkeeper - Port Saint Lucie, FL
Location: Port Saint Lucie, FL
Job Type: Part Time
Are you interested in helping businesses organize and record financial transactions? Are you good with managing budgets and tracking important data like revenues, costs, and expenses? If this sounds like the right challenge for you, then a job as a Bookkeeper could be the right fit for you.
We’re looking for a Bookkeeper to maintain financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. You would analyze financial reports, ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable, and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate has a Finance degree (preferably with accounting CPE courses) and is familiar with accounting software like FreshBooks, Kashoo, and KashFlow.
Bookkeeper responsibilities may include:
- Recording and posting daily financial transactions.
- Verifying that transactions are recorded in the correct ledgers
- Bringing books to the trial balance stage.
- Performing checks of the posting process.
- Completing various tax forms.
- Entering data, maintaining records, reports, and financial statements.
- Processing accounts receivable/payable and handling payroll in a timely manner.
You will need to have the following experience:
- Proven bookkeeping experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Proficiency in English and MS Office.
- Customer service and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Technical Knowledge — learning various software programs and accounting/bookkeeping methods and learning the full scope of business operations.
- Customer service skills — dealing with customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Solid understanding of Purchasing and the Accounting Process Excellent organizational skills, time management and problem-solving skills Proficient with Quickbooks, Microsoft, Office 365 and Excel Construction manufacturing experience a MUST